Skip to main content

Karen reads Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

And here's Karen's take on Chamber of Secrets! You're so lucky to get 2 reviews in 1 day!

Title/Year originally published: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets/1999

When I originally read it:

Now.

What I thought of it then:

When I re-read it:
Ah, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. With such a favorable impression left upon me by the first book, of course I had to read the second one. (or I should say, listen to) There is the magic way Harry is supposed to travel to school (on the subway platform) and then, when he fails to make his train, the adventure with him and Ron in the flying car. I thought it a strange concept that one ghost haunts nothing else but a girl's bathroom in the school and the bathroom becomes the central point of the book. And could Gaylord (excuse me, Gilderoy Lockheart) be any more annoying. Geesh. In my opinion the end was very clever the way that Tom Marvolo Riddle turned out to be Voldemort and that Ginny was the one that helped him. I just knew it was Gaylord (excuse me, Gilderoy Lockheart) that was Voldemort. And, I must say Harry Potter is brilliant. I thought this book was a little bit boring 2/3rds of the way through, but then picked up in the end. Definitely not my favorite of the first two books.

What my thoughts are now:

So I’ll be starting The Prisoner of Azkaban next week. I hope that it has more adventure then the last book. Also, I would like more interaction between Harry, Ron, & Hermione. Hermione was pretty much absent from the last book when she was petrified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Calendar

 Join us in Centennial Park as we resume our outdoor storytimes in the (hopefully) cooler weather! We'll be in the amphitheater at 9:30am on Mondays for Rattle & Rhyme (0-18 months), Tuesdays for Toddler Time (0-3 years), and Wednesdays for Preschool Storytime (3-6 years)!

Zaki Con 2019: Cosplay Contest!

The final event  of Zaki Con is our cosplay contest. I assume you're familiar with cosplay if you're reading, but just in case you aren't: cosplay is " the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game, especially one from the Japanese genres of manga and anime." And anyone can do it! Young and old alike are adorable when dressing as their favorite characters from books, movies, and anime! At Zaki Con, we want to see your interpretation of cosplay! You can enter as one person or as a group (though groups will have to share prizes if they win). All you have to do is come dressed as your favorite character. Since Zaki Con is a family event and it is held in the public library, all costumes must be appropriate for our setting and audience! Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the library and the community. We look forward to seeing your cosplays during the Con and at the contest which will be held at 5:00pm on Saturda

Duct Tape Pencil Bag

 1. Gather supplies.  2. Unwrap one length of duct tape and carefully set plastic bag on top. Go slowly so there are no air bubbles in the duct tape! 3. Unwrap other color of duct tape and tape the opposite side of the bag. 4. Trim extra duct tape off. 5. Continue adding duct tape (You can do all one color on each side or alternate like I did. Trim sides so everything is even.  6. Optional, if you want to store your pencil bag in your binder, mark where the rings are located. 6. Use a hole punch to make holes. 7. Decorate with stickers or permanent markers!