Skip to main content

I almost forgot! BEDA Day 3

It's 10:15, and I almost forgot to blog today! How sad would it be if I messed up on only day 3 of this challenge? But never fear, I live to blog another day!

Well, Texas Teens 4 Libraries (TT4L) was yesterday, and it was wonderful! I got to meet Meg Cabot and didn't embarrass myself too badly. :) I got to talk to Cassandra Clare again, this time a normal conversation as she was sitting outside the Teen Room before giving a talk, we talked about being nervous talking in front of people, the strange questions kids ask at Q&A sessions, and traveling in England (she said I should go to the British Library and the Tate Modern-will do!)

I also got to attend the Bluebonnet Award Luncheon, where they awarded Bluebonnet Award to Cynthia DeFelice and Andrea U'Ren for "One Potato, Two Potato". There was yummy food and wonderful speeches.

We went to a great session about intellectual freedom and a wonderful school that didn't bow down to The Man (aka a rich family who objected to book being taught) and John Green represented AS IF (Authors Supporting Intellectual Freedom) with wonderful eloquence and passion. I only wish I could talk that intellectually and eloquently about anything. One day, perhaps.

Even though it was a great week what with meeting amazing people and talking to lots of teens and librarian strangers and seeing my grad school professor among the huge crowds. Even though all of that was great, large crowd seriously exhaust me! Last night I got home at 7, and went to sleep--my mom came to me about an hour later and asked if I wanted to go to the gym with her. Apparently I said, "Yes, I do, but I don't think my body will let me move." I say apparently because I do not remember her coming in and talking to me! That's how out of it I was! :) Well, I'm le tired again now. So it is off to beddy bye for me and my copy of "City of Glass"!

DFTBA!
Sti

P.S. Right now I'm listening to Neil Gaiman read his book The Graveyard Book.

Comments

Taylor said…
you do not forget to blog!!!! or else the blog monster will come and...do bad stuff. I dont know, Loves ya

Popular posts from this blog

October Calendar

 Join us in Centennial Park as we resume our outdoor storytimes in the (hopefully) cooler weather! We'll be in the amphitheater at 9:30am on Mondays for Rattle & Rhyme (0-18 months), Tuesdays for Toddler Time (0-3 years), and Wednesdays for Preschool Storytime (3-6 years)!

Zaki Con 2019: Cosplay Contest!

The final event  of Zaki Con is our cosplay contest. I assume you're familiar with cosplay if you're reading, but just in case you aren't: cosplay is " the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game, especially one from the Japanese genres of manga and anime." And anyone can do it! Young and old alike are adorable when dressing as their favorite characters from books, movies, and anime! At Zaki Con, we want to see your interpretation of cosplay! You can enter as one person or as a group (though groups will have to share prizes if they win). All you have to do is come dressed as your favorite character. Since Zaki Con is a family event and it is held in the public library, all costumes must be appropriate for our setting and audience! Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the library and the community. We look forward to seeing your cosplays during the Con and at the contest which will be held at 5:00pm on Saturda

Duct Tape Pencil Bag

 1. Gather supplies.  2. Unwrap one length of duct tape and carefully set plastic bag on top. Go slowly so there are no air bubbles in the duct tape! 3. Unwrap other color of duct tape and tape the opposite side of the bag. 4. Trim extra duct tape off. 5. Continue adding duct tape (You can do all one color on each side or alternate like I did. Trim sides so everything is even.  6. Optional, if you want to store your pencil bag in your binder, mark where the rings are located. 6. Use a hole punch to make holes. 7. Decorate with stickers or permanent markers!