Skip to main content

Questions about your reading habits!


Here's a quick survey I took about my reading habits, I'd love to hear your answers to these questions! Leave yours in the comments or email them to me and I'll post it here!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

Sometimes, I usually eat breakfast while I read in the morning. If I can use a meal as an excuse to read I will.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
If they are mine I usually don’t hesitate to make notes if I really love the book. My copy of Jane Eyre is all marked up! I also like finding notes in other books, it’s fun to see what people are thinking as they read. Might sound odd, but it’s a totally different thing then someone defacing a book.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Like Nicola, whatever is lying around, though I am guilty of laying a book upside down *gasp*

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

Mostly fiction. I find myself intrigued by non-fiction a lot of time, but I can rarely find the time or energy to get all the way through them. There are notable exceptions however.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
I prefer hardcopy but I also love a good audiobook, especially for long car trips or when you’re moving around a lot. I *love* Playaways!

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I’m the type that tells themselves they will stop at the chapter but forgets and stops halfway through the next chapter 

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I rarely if never look up a word, context is usually enough. This is why I know what most words mean but couldn’t put it into words for you. :P

What are you currently reading?

Just finished a few books so now I’m about to begin The Season by Sarah MacLean and Blood Price by Tanya Huff

What is the last book you bought?

Bought? Ooh tough one, I rarely buy books…oh! Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant after I heard her speak at the International Book Festival in Edinburgh (and I got her to sign it as well!)

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I usually have at least 2 or 3 books going at one time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

No. I start at breakfast at the dining room table and end in bed sprawled out under covers. I read in the car, while walking across the library, in lines, during commercial breaks of tv shows. I even used to read while walking across my University’s campus on the way to class..

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?

I love both, though a series can be a daunting thing to commit to, they’re fun to follow through and wait for the next installments.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Neil Gaiman, Maureen Johnson, Suzanne Collins, Cassandra Clare… I can go on and on. Recommending books is part of my job description…

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
At home I have 3 different sets of bookshelves, mostly they are hodgepodge wherever I find free shelf space. But my Very Favorite Books have their own bookshelves and they are arranged thusly: Fiction- alphabetical by author’s last name and then by title name Nonfiction- vague Dewey Decimal (again, this is because I’m a librarian and I know the numbers basically by heart..)

DFTBA,
Sti

Image courtesy of: moriza

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Calendar

 Join us in Centennial Park as we resume our outdoor storytimes in the (hopefully) cooler weather! We'll be in the amphitheater at 9:30am on Mondays for Rattle & Rhyme (0-18 months), Tuesdays for Toddler Time (0-3 years), and Wednesdays for Preschool Storytime (3-6 years)!

Zaki Con 2019: Cosplay Contest!

The final event  of Zaki Con is our cosplay contest. I assume you're familiar with cosplay if you're reading, but just in case you aren't: cosplay is " the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game, especially one from the Japanese genres of manga and anime." And anyone can do it! Young and old alike are adorable when dressing as their favorite characters from books, movies, and anime! At Zaki Con, we want to see your interpretation of cosplay! You can enter as one person or as a group (though groups will have to share prizes if they win). All you have to do is come dressed as your favorite character. Since Zaki Con is a family event and it is held in the public library, all costumes must be appropriate for our setting and audience! Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the library and the community. We look forward to seeing your cosplays during the Con and at the contest which will be held at 5:00pm on Saturda

Duct Tape Pencil Bag

 1. Gather supplies.  2. Unwrap one length of duct tape and carefully set plastic bag on top. Go slowly so there are no air bubbles in the duct tape! 3. Unwrap other color of duct tape and tape the opposite side of the bag. 4. Trim extra duct tape off. 5. Continue adding duct tape (You can do all one color on each side or alternate like I did. Trim sides so everything is even.  6. Optional, if you want to store your pencil bag in your binder, mark where the rings are located. 6. Use a hole punch to make holes. 7. Decorate with stickers or permanent markers!