Skip to main content

Post-Thanksgiving Post

:) Did you like my pun there? I love bad jokes.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did, I love cooking with my mom, I love eating, I love taking family pictures, I especially LOVE cranberry sauce and PIE, and I even kinds love washing dishes (don't laugh!) so Thanksgiving is pretty much an ideal holiday for me. This year it was also my grandma's birthday so I got to talk to her on the phone for an hour. Well...maybe talk isn't the word I should use, listen is better since my grandma likes to ramble on and on. Remind you of anyone you know? :)

Leave a comment to tell me about any fun traditions you have on Thanksgiving? My sister reenacted the funny commercial where the grandpa eats a scoop out of the pumpkin pie and then fills it in with cool whip!

Hope everyone also survived the insanity of Black Friday! I ventured out late that evening when it had died down, but I didn't buy much, just an awesome cd and my sister bought a wonderful documentary:

awesome cd and inspirational documentary check 'em out!

Okay, back to book related stuff! Meg Cabot posted this link in her blog, it's really helpful when you're looking for a new author to read, just type in an author you like and it gives you a cluster of other authors that are similar. The closer the author is to your author's name, the more similar. Personally, I just like watching the names dance around! :D http://www.literature-map.com/

I've missed you guys and can't wait to see you!
Sti

Comments

Anonymous said…
I absolutely love Matt Nathanson! "Still" is now one of my favorite songs ever!
Anonymous said…
Uh,Sti? Isn't it your grandmothers b-day EVERY year? And is the person we're supposed to be reminded of rambling on and on you? Hmm, I dunno. You don't ramble... most of the time. I like pie too! I didn't go shopping on Black Friday... I went on Black Thursday! Tee hee, that was a bad joke. I meant I went the day before Thanksgiving. I do like your pun. Taa! Julie!
Christina Hicks said…
Julie, you're right my grandma's birthday is every year, but it doesn't always fall on Thanksgiving! :) Glad to hear I don't ramble on too much...

Popular posts from this blog

October Calendar

 Join us in Centennial Park as we resume our outdoor storytimes in the (hopefully) cooler weather! We'll be in the amphitheater at 9:30am on Mondays for Rattle & Rhyme (0-18 months), Tuesdays for Toddler Time (0-3 years), and Wednesdays for Preschool Storytime (3-6 years)!

Zaki Con 2019: Cosplay Contest!

The final event  of Zaki Con is our cosplay contest. I assume you're familiar with cosplay if you're reading, but just in case you aren't: cosplay is " the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game, especially one from the Japanese genres of manga and anime." And anyone can do it! Young and old alike are adorable when dressing as their favorite characters from books, movies, and anime! At Zaki Con, we want to see your interpretation of cosplay! You can enter as one person or as a group (though groups will have to share prizes if they win). All you have to do is come dressed as your favorite character. Since Zaki Con is a family event and it is held in the public library, all costumes must be appropriate for our setting and audience! Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from the library and the community. We look forward to seeing your cosplays during the Con and at the contest which will be held at 5:00pm on Saturda

Duct Tape Pencil Bag

 1. Gather supplies.  2. Unwrap one length of duct tape and carefully set plastic bag on top. Go slowly so there are no air bubbles in the duct tape! 3. Unwrap other color of duct tape and tape the opposite side of the bag. 4. Trim extra duct tape off. 5. Continue adding duct tape (You can do all one color on each side or alternate like I did. Trim sides so everything is even.  6. Optional, if you want to store your pencil bag in your binder, mark where the rings are located. 6. Use a hole punch to make holes. 7. Decorate with stickers or permanent markers!